Scrambled Tofu for Little Ones
My fussy 4 year old son loves a simple scrambled tofu and demolished this plate with not a word of encouragement needed from me (a rarity). My 8 month old had her first scrambled tofu tonight too and was very keen. If you're running low on time for dinner this is perfect. Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 7 mins
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini, diced finely
- 1 corn cob, corn removed
- 150g / 5.3oz firm tofu
- Sprinkle of turmeric
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 piece wholemeal toast (for gluten-free, use GF toast)
- Sauté the garlic in a splash of oil then add the squash and corn. Cool on a medium heat until the veg softens then crumble in the tofu.
- Mix well and add about 1/4 cup of water and the turmeric. Stir until the water is absorbed then serve it up on a piece of toast with fresh tomato. Easy peasy!
Note: If I were making this for me I would generally add a lot bolder flavours but for kids the simple sweet flavours are just perfect. Some finely chopped spinach would be a perfect addition too.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!