Savoury French Toast with Mushrooms and Spinach
You won’t even know this crispy egg-less French toast is vegan.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
- 1/3 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup fortified plant milk
- Mix all the batter ingredients together to make a smooth paste and pour into a wide shallow bowl.
- Dip the bread into the batter to coat both sides, then fry in a nonstick pan, turning over when browned on the underside.
- Set the toast aside and fry the mushrooms and spinach for a few minutes until softened.
- Serve with the French toast.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!