Roasted Zucchini with Vegan Parmesan
A fun savoury snack of roasted zucchini slices, sprinkled with cashew parmesan giving them a slightly crispy texture.
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 35 mins
- 2 large zucchini (abt 500g/17.6oz each)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 30g/1oz (1/4 cup) finely chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 tsp iodised salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 Tbsp vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 220C/428F.
- Thinly slice the zucchini to about 5mm (1/6 inch).
- Place all zucchini slices in a large bowl and toss with oil, salt, pepper and basil until evenly coated.
- Position slices on a baking tray in a single layer. You may need two large baking trays. Then sprinkle half the vegan parmesan on top of slices.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes then flip and sprinkle the remaining parmesan on all slices. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately as is or with a dip of your choice.
Macros per serve – Carb: 20.4g Fat: 9.4g Prot: 8.3g Calories: 194
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!