Roast Veg and Pesto Sandwich
Sink your teeth into this scrumptious gourmet sandwich.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup eggplant
- 1/4 cup capsicum
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Iodised salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices rye bread or a bread roll (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- 1 Tbsp dairy-free pesto or hummus or vegan sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup green salad leaves
- Preheat your oven to about 220C/430F
- Cut up your veggies into even pieces and combine in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl stir together chopped thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour herb/spice mixture on vegetables and mix until they are coated.
- Spread veggies evenly on a large roasting pan and pop in the oven. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes. When the vegetables start to brown use a spatula to turn the vegetables to move them around a bit to brown evenly.
- Spread dairy-free pesto (or hummus or vegan sour cream) on both sides of bread.
- Place salad leaves on one side then zucchini, eggplant, capsicum and red onion and top with tomato slices.
- Place other bread slice on top and lunch is ready.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Delicious and easy to make! Great for a packed lunch idea for school/work.