Roast Tomato, Asparagus, Pumpkin and Garlic Pie with Oven Roasted Rosemary Chips
Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 sheets vegan puff pastry (Borg’s used here)
- 2 cups cubed butternut pumpkin (aka butternut squash)
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- olive oil
- 6 potatoes
- Chop up the rosemary finely from 1 of the sprigs and mix with 1tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chips then toss them through the rosemary oil. Place them on a baking tray and put them in a moderate oven for 1-1.5 hours turning once half way.
- Place the pastry in a pie dish and pop in the oven until it has puffed up. Meanwhile steam the pumpkin and then mash.
- Cook the asparagus in a pan in a little olive oil for 2 minutes with the finely chopped garlic.
- Spread the pumpkin over the base of the pastry then place the asparagus on top. Chop the tomatoes into halves, quarters or leave them whole and place on top of the asparagus.
- Spread the remaining rosemary over the tomatoes and pop in the oven until the tomatoes start to blister.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!