Roast Beetroot and Candied Walnut Salad, topped with Ashed Chèvre
This simple salad is packed full of decadent flavour, and is perfect for people who love cheese, and love goats even more!
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 small red onion
- Handful walnuts
- 250g / 8.8oz spinach / rocket / radicchio leaves (or mixed leaves of your choice)
- The Vegan Dairy Ashed Chèvre
- Rice malt syrup
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh or dried rosemary
- Olive oil
- Dice or grate beetroot (as per your preference) and roast on a tray in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil until tender
- Mix walnuts with a little rice malt syrup, balsamic vinegar, and rosemary to coat evenly and roast lightly for 3-5 minutes in the oven until crispy (be careful not to burn)
- Finely chop small red onion
- Prepare bowl of salad leaves and toss with red onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt
- Top with freshly roasted beetroot, candied walnuts, and hand torn pieces of Ashed Chèvre
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!