Raw Chocolate Bark
Crazy about Cacao- Something to curb your chocolate cravings! Raw cacao is popping up in health food stores and recipes are everywhere. After years of thinking chocolate is bad for you, I am here to tell you the opposite! Raw cacao is the unprocessed version of cocoa and is packed with nutrients such as magnesium (which is good for healthy hair, skin and nails!), iron, calcium and copper. It’s high in the antioxidant resveratrol which helps protect your nervous system and contains phenylethylamine which is said to boost levels of the neurotransmitters that make us happy!! Grace's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1bJMQS8
- 1/3 cup (80mL / 2.65oz) raw cacao
- 1/3 cup (80mL / 2.65oz) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (120mL / 2.0oz) sweetener (pure maple syrup, coconut nectar, rice malt syrup)
- A dash of Himalayan pink salt
- Optional add ins- chopped nuts, goji berries, coconut, dehydrated buckwheat, dried fruit.
- To melt the coconut oil, place the jar in a bowl of hot water and wait until it liquefies.
- Once the coconut oil is melted, place cacao, salt and sweetener in a bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Place mixture on a lined tray and sprinkle your add ins on top.
- Set in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Break the solid mixture up into pieces and enjoy!
Store the remaining raw chocolate bark in the fridge!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!