Raw Caramel Filled Chocolates
These are really easy and quick to make. And really easy and quick to eat. From Zoe's food journal.
Serves 10-12 | Prep time: 15 mins + chilling time | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1 cup cacao powder (cocoa powder is fine if you have no cacao)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil – I sit the jar in a bowl of warm water (you can use a little cocoa butter if you have it instead of some of the coconut oil)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave/rice syrup/coconut syrup)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 Tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak for an hour first!)
- 1/6 cup of water
- food processor
- silicone moulds (of choice; use egg & bunny shapes for Easter chocolates)
1. Mix all ingredients (to make the chocolate) together in a bowl or food processor briefly then pour into silicone chocolate moulds or ice cube trays.
2. Leave a bit of space and be sure to squish it around the sides of the mould.
3. Let sit in fridge or freezer until firm, this is pretty quick, about ten minutes.
1. Blend all the caramel ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Spoon a little caramel into each chocolate then pour the remainder of chocolate over the top.
3. Put it back in fridge until set, about ten minutes or until you can’t wait any longer!!
You can use any filling you like or add other flavours to the chocolate if you don’t want to use caramel. I’m going to coat some marshmallows in some chocolate later too. I also stuffed dates with caramel and coated them in chocolate, they didn’t last long enough to make the photos!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!