This thick and creamy pumpkin soup will warm your heart.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 1/2 cup of butternut pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 of an onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs – eg basil, coriander, parsley (not essential but a tasty addition)
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread for croutons (use GF bread for GF option)
- Place all the ingredients except the fresh herbs and bread into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then let simmer until the pumpkin is very soft and the lentils have disintegrated.
- Stir vigorously (but carefully) to turn the pumpkin into a puree.
- Stir in chopped fresh herbs and season to taste.
- Toast the bread and chop into small squares.
- Serve the soup in a bowl topped with the croutons.
LunchDinnerSoupGluten FreeSugar FreeLow Fat