This thick and creamy pumpkin soup will warm your heart.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 1/2 cup butternut pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup yellow split peas
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs – e.g. basil, coriander, parsley (not essential but a tasty addition)
- 1 slice wholemeal bread for croutons (use gluten-free bread for GF option)
- Place all the ingredients except the fresh herbs and bread into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then let simmer until the pumpkin is very soft and the yellow split peas have disintegrated.
- Stir vigorously (but carefully) to turn the pumpkin into a puree.
- Stir in chopped fresh herbs and season to taste. Remove from heat.
- Toast the bread and chop into small squares.
- Serve the soup in a bowl topped with the croutons.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!