This soup is simple, quick to make and has a deliciously sweet flavour. The soup mix that we have used was from our local supermarket. If you can't find this one you could use another packet soup mix such as spring vegetable.
- 1 small butternut squash or small pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 packet ‘chicken’ flavour noodle soup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan and fry onion and squash/pumpkin for a couple of minutes, until starting to brown.
- Pour in boiling water (until vegetables are almost covered) and stir in soup mix.
- Simmer gently until the squash is cooked through.
- Blend until smooth. If the soup is a little thick you can add a little more boiling water. Season if required.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Close to two years ago I stumbled upon a documentary called Earthlings. Little did I know that my life was about to change in an instant and my journey to veganisim was born. See all recipes by Monique