Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Coconut Whipped Cream
These Pumpkin Muffins topped with luscious Coconut Whipped Cream are the perfect afternoon pick me up. Recipe by 365CleanEats
- 260 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp. flaxseed meal (or grind 2 Tbsp. flaxseeds)
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 6 Tbsp. light-tasting vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 300g cooked and mashed Japanese pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1/2 cup(120 ml) soy milk (or your choice of plant milk)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp grated ginger
Chocolate Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 2-3 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2-3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Chill coconut cream can in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 200⁰C. Line tin with muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, mix flaxseed meal, 5 Tbsp. water, milk, and apple cider vinegar and set aside. Add rest of the wet ingredients and mix together.
4. In the same bowl, add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix. The texture of your butter varies on how much water your pumpkin contains. If your cake batter consistency is too dry, add more milk, and if it’s too wet add more flour.
5. Divide the batter between the 10 muffin cups.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and reduce the temperature to 180⁰C, and bake it for 10 more minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let them cool completely before piping.
8. Open the chilled coconut cream can and scoop out the solidified cream on top in a bowl. Add rest of the ingredients and beat the cream with an electric whisk until it turns to a thick whipped cream.
9. Pipe the cream on the muffins just before eating.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!