Potato, Squash & Asparagus Frittata
Who said you can't have frittata if you're vegan! Try capsicum, mushrooms, zucchini or spinach for different varieties. This is delicious served warm with crusty bread and a crisp green salad. Serves 4-6
Serves 4 to 6 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 40 mins
- 400g / 14.10 oz potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 250g / 8.80 oz butternut squash, cut into large chunks
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 250g / 8.80 oz tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vegan margarine
- 1 Tbsp Tofutti sour cream or vegan cream cheese
- 1 handful parsley and/or chives, chopped
- Fry potatoes and squash until golden brown, then add onion, garlic and dried herbs and continue cooking until onions are soft and brown. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Tip vegetable mixture into a 20cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place tofu and remaining ingredients (except the fresh herbs) in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, stir in fresh herbs.
- Pour the tofu mixture over the vegetables and smooth with a knife.
- Bake in a medium hot oven for 30-40 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Close to two years ago I stumbled upon a documentary called Earthlings. Little did I know that my life was about to change in an instant and my journey to veganisim was born. See all recipes by Monique