Pesto Hasselback Potatoes ★★★★★2 reviews
These seasoned spuds by our guest blogger Emily are just what’s needed … any time of year!
- 8 potatoes (Russets or Yukon)
- 2 cloves garlic whole
- 1 small brown onion sliced
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice gluten free bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dairy-free pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 C (430 F)
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, pesto and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the slice of bread in a blender and blitz until you have breadcrumbs.
- Slide a skewer through a potato about 3/4 of the way through and using a sharp knife slice your potato until you meet the skewer. Continue to slice the potato in slices about 3-4mm apart.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting dish and brush over your pesto and oil mixture. Scatter the tomatoes, onions and garlic in between the potatoes and scatter a few breadcrumbs over the top of the potatoes. Place a few sprigs of fresh rosemary in the slices of potatoes and in the roasting dish.
- Roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi, I'm Emily, a UK Vegan food blogger now living in Perth, Western Australia. I am a lover of all things healthy, vegan and cruelty free and have been vegan for almost 4 years. See all recipes by Emily
I used Jersey Royals, par boiled and thyme instead rosemary, yom, yom ta! Luv 8P
Thyme’s another great herb for these hasselbacks 🙌. Thanks for your feedback!
Visually this dish looks good, however I found the cooked pesto feels like a waste of flavour! Perhaps pesto could be added onto the potatoes after the oven :)