Peach & White Chocolate Muffins
Made with fresh peaches and gooey white chocolate, these muffins are simply sensational.
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut or almond milk, room temp
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax seed, 3 Tbsp water). Similarly, 1 egg of “no egg” works really well too
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated coconut palm sugar (caster sugar can work too)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, diced, plus an extra 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 1/2 cups vegan white choc, cut into chunks similar size to the peaches. ‘Sweet William’ chocolate from the “health food” section of Coles works really well
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 355°F and line or grease 12 regular size muffin tins or 6 large.
- Make muffin batter by combining 5 Tbsp coconut oil (melted), 2/3 cup coconut or almond milk (warmed to room temperature), egg replacement (premade) and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granulated coconut palm sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk together.
- Add the coconut oil and coconut milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups peaches and 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate until just combined. Set aside remaining 1/2 cup of peaches to place on the top of each muffin.
- Spoon batter into each muffin tin almost to the top (muffin tops are good), and place 1-2 peach pieces on each muffin. Then sprinkle each muffin with a little extra coconut palm sugar too.
- Bake at 180°C / 355°F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in muffin tins, then remove and let cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Photo & recipe by Tim Slingsby
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!