This delicious pavlova is made from aquafaba - the water in a can of chickpeas, instead of egg whites!
This recipe was created by @thekindnessechoes
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drain the liquid into a separate container and store in fridge overnight)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 1/2 cups of caster sugar
Cream and Toppings
- 1 can of coconut cream (I used Chefs Choice Organic coconut cream from IGA as it is the best for whipping)
- 1 tsp fresh vanilla bean (beans from a cut open and scooped fresh pod)
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Vegan dark or mint chocolate
- Set the over to 150°C / 302°F fan-forced
- With a (preferably stand) mixer, whip the chilled aquafaba until you see soft peaks
- Add the sugar slowly, and keep whisking for 10 minutes
- Whisk in the corn flour for 1 minute
- On a baking tray, divide the mixture into two and make two circle disk shapes with your meringues.
- Turn the oven down to 110 °C / 230°F and bake for 75 – 90 minutes, until slightly browned and firm at the crust (I turned off the oven and left my meringues in the oven overnight)
- Whip the coconut cream and vanilla bean with a hand blender for a few minutes
- Layer half of the cream onto one of the meringue, then add the other meringue on top, before adding the other half of the cream
- Top with fresh seasonal fruits and dark peppermint chocolate.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!