Pasta in Tomato Sauce with Creamy Vegan Mozzarella
We felt like having comfort food today so made this delicious spaghetti in tomato sauce with borlotti beans and added creamy vegan mozzarella that our friends from Damona Dairy-Free Cheese gifted us. Soo good!
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 capsicums (bell peppers), one red one yellow, diced
- 1 can borlotti beans, drained & rinsed
- 1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- To taste: salt, pepper, hot paprika
- 250g/8.8oz wholemeal spaghetti
- 125g/4.4oz vegan mozzarella (we used Damona Dairy Free)
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan then add onion. Sauté until translucent over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for a few more minutes then add diced tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes then add capsicums, borlotti beans, Italian herbs and nutritional yeast powder, stir through.
- While tomato sauce is simmering, cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Once the sauce thickens, season to taste, add parsley, spaghetti and combine well on low heat for about a minute or so, then turn off heat.
- Grate or chop the mozzarella into small cubes. Sprinkle on top of the spaghetti while it’s in the pan and stir through. Serve in plates and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!