‘Omelette’ on Toast
Try out this yummy vegan omelette made from tofu!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 3 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 100g/3.5oz medium-hard tofu
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp besan (chickpea flour)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- Pepper, to taste
- Pinch iodised salt (optional)
- Pinch kala namak (black salt) (optional – it gives a slightly “eggy” taste)
- Pinch dried chilli or a finely chopped chilli (optional)
- Handful of fresh herbs, finely chopped, or a pinch dried herbs
- 1/4 cup (approx.) fortified plant milk (eg: soy, almond, oat)
- 1 slice wholegrain bread (use vegan gluten-free bread for GF option)
- Mash the tofu in a bowl with a fork or potato masher.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the plant milk and mix well.
- Gradually mix in the plant milk until the mixture is the consistency of a thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan and pour the mixture in, using a spatula to flatten it and push into a round shape.
- Cook on a medium heat until well-browned on the underside, then flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with toasted slice of bread.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!