‘‘Omelette’’ on Toast
Try out this yummy vegan omelette made from tofu!
- 100g/3.5oz medium-hard tofu
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp besan (chick pea flour)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- Pepper, to taste
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- Pinch of black salt (optional – gives a slightly “eggy” taste)
- Pinch of dried chili or a finely chopped chili (optional)
- Handful of fresh herbs (finely chopped) or a pinch of dried herbs
- 1/4 cup (approximately) fortified plant milk
- Mash the tofu in a bowl with a fork or potato masher.
- Add all the other ingredients apart from the milk and mix well.
- Gradually mix in milk until the mixture is the consistency of a thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan and tip the mixture in, using a spatula to flatten it and push into a round shape.
- Cook on a medium heat until well-browned on the underside, then turn and cook the other side.
- Serve with toast (use gluten-free bread for GF option)
BreakfastDinnerKidsGluten FreeLow Fat