This is a super easy recipe, the only thing that people will have to play with is the sweetness and chocolatyness (Is that a word..?) according to their taste. Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
- 250 grams digestive biscuits (McVitie’s plain is ideal)
- 75 grams unsalted vegan margarine
- 3-4 tsp of vegetable oil or coconut butter (otherwise walnut oil could be a good option)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of soy milk or almond milk
- 100 grams hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 500 grams Tofutti cream cheese at room temperature
- 60 grams icing sugar
Ingredients to make 400g of Nutella
- 220 grams of hazelnut
- 75 grams icing sugar
- 25 grams of Cocoa
1. Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the vegan margarine and a 15ml tablespoon of ‘Nutella’, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
2. Tip into a 23cm round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Beat the Tofutti cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining ‘Nutella’ to the Tofutti cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the ‘Nutella’ mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining 75g of chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.
5. Serve straight from the fridge for best results. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!