A version of Honey Joys that is healthier than the traditional recipe, yet still simple and delicious. This recipe is - egg free, fructose friendly, gluten free, grain free, nut free, paleo, wheat free.
Serves 12 honey joys | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 cups of Corn Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup, or sweetener of choice (add a little more if you prefer a sweeter taste)
- 100g or 1/2 cup of Nuttelex Buttery or Coconut oil
- Patty pans
- In a large saucepan melt vegan butter and Rice Malt Syrup until it starts to boil up.
- Turn off the heat and add cornflakes.
- Stir really well then spoon into patty pans on a tray.
- Bake at 150C/300F for 10 min or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes so they become firm. Store in airtight container for a week. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
DessertSnacksHolidayKidsGluten FreeSugar Free
I recommend baking in the oven for 15mins once done, if you like them crunchy. Also, triple the ingredients if you actually want to get 24 out of it. One other thing, not nearly sweet enough with only 2tbsp of syrup for the whole lot ?
Thanks so much for your feedback! We’ll remake the recipe soon and will update it.
We remade the recipe and filled 12 patty pans with the corn flake mix. They were light, airy and crunchy. Regarding sweetness, this is more a personal choice. We found the 2 Tbsp added a nice touch of sweetness but if people prefer a sweeter taste then we’ve made a note to add more.
Very nice, but if you want to make anywhere near 24, triple all the ingredients. I got 8, and mine were not large by any stretch.
a fun treat for kids
Quick easy kids snack, Delicious!
Thankyou for the recipe its a keeper