Mushroom & Spinach Tofu Scramble
This big vegan breakfast will help you power through the day!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 7 mins | Cooking time: 8 mins
- 1 tsp olive oil for frying
- 1/2 a small onion
- 120g/4.2oz firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 cup fortified plant milk
- 1 chai tea bag (or create your own using 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger powder, black pepper, ground cloves, cardamom and black tea)
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry onion and tofu for a minute or two. Then add the mushrooms and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, soy sauce, yeast flakes and turmeric to pan and fry for a further minute (add a dash of water if the mixture is too dry.).
- Remove from heat and stir through the fresh parsley and add cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serve on toast.
- Heat the soy milk and tea bag/chai spices together until almost boiling, then simmer for a minute and pour into a cup, add sweetener of your liking.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!