Mushroom Mac & Cheese
Deliciously creamy and thick. This is the tastiest Mac'n'Cheese recipe ever!
Serves 4 side dishes | Prep time: 2 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 500g macaroni
- 2 Tbsp Nuttelex (or vegan butter of choice)
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 Tbsp stock powder
- 500g sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp oil
- In a fry pan, on medium heat, add oil and mushrooms. Cook until brown and set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to packet instructions. Drain and put back in saucepan.
- In saucepan of macaroni add milk, Nuttelex, nutritional yeast, and flour. Simmer on very low heat.
- Continually stir until macaroni becomes sticky, more or less milk may be needed to gain desired consistency.
- Add mushrooms to macaroni and stir through dry stock powder.
- Sprinkle with extra nutritional yeast, Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!