Mushroom & Cannellini Risotto
Creamy mushroom risotto with cannellini beans, packed full of fresh flavour.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans (or canned)
- 1 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped (use your favourite kind)
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into approx 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup arborio rice (you could also use quinoa instead)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Iodised salt (optional) and black pepper to taste
- Mix together stock powder, dried herbs, onion powder with the water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer.
- Drain cannellini beans, chop mushrooms and asparagus, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a separate pot, then add onion and cook until browned. When onions are cooked add in mushrooms, beans, and asparagus and heat until almost cooked and the mushrooms have released some of their water.
- Next add the rice to the pot and heat for about a minute, do not let the rice brown. Slowly add in the herb and stock water to the rice and veggie mix. Add it a ladle at a time and wait for the rice to absorb it before adding the next. Keep stirring. It may take about 20 minutes.
- Once all the stock has been absorbed, it should have a creamy consistency; if it is a little thick add more water and simmer.
- Once the correct creaminess has been achieved, stir through the chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Note: You could also sprinkle some vegan parmesan on top for extra flavour.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchDinnerItalianGluten FreeSugar FreeLow Fat
LOVE this recipe! I’ve made risotto a bunch of times but this is such a healthy, nutritious and tasty version that is definitely going to become a household staple from now on.
I tried this recipe a few months ago, it is now a staple in our household. Ways to make as far as risottos go and absolutely delicious.