Moroccan Couscous Salad
A great tasting all rounder. You can eat this salad hot in the winter and cold in the summer.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup quick cooking wholemeal couscous
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 a carrot, grated
- 1/4 red capsicum (bell pepper), finely diced
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- Mix the couscous with the raisins in a bowl then pour over the boiling stock. Cover to seal in the steam then let sit for 5 minutes.
- To make the dressing place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, spices and salt in a jar with a lid then shake to mix.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains then stir in the carrot, capsicum, chickpeas and parsley.
- Pour over the dressing then toss together until well combined.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Very easy to prepare, makes quite a large portion. I added extra capsicum, lemon juice and olive oil as found it a bit dry initially.