Momo’s Chilli Sliders
This recipe is a real meaty punch in the face.
Makes two rolls
- 400g / 14oz canned green jackfruit
- Oil of choice (I used Magic Vegan Bacon Grease)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 litre Massel beef stock
- 100g sweet bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Soft rolls to serve
- To prepare the jackfruit cut off the hard stems and with a fork separate the remainder into shreds.
- In a frypan heat oil and garlic together until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Add the ‘beef’ stock and jackfruit and reduce until dry (approximately 15 minutes).
- Once the jackfruit begins to stick to the pan add the cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t want it spicy), onion powder, tomato paste, bbq sauce and pineapple juice.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes until sticky texture.
- Serve on a soft white roll alongside greens.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Everyone loved it, good job Ems xx