This hearty and delicious Italian ‘big soup’ is a traditional favourite.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1/4 brown onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely sliced celery
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup green beans (frozen or fresh), sliced
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 cup wholemeal elbows or other pasta (use gluten-free pasta for GF option)
- 1 cup cooked/canned kidney beans
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- A couple of leaves of kale or silverbeet, sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Iodised salt, to taste (optional)
- Put the water in a saucepan and add the stock powder, onion, celery, herbs and carrots.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes then add the green beans, cauliflower and pasta.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes, adding more water if it becomes too thick. Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for a few more minutes, season to taste and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!