Mexican Bean Baked Potato
Spice up your baked spud Mexican-style.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 large potato, washed
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/3 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup Old El Paso Mexe-Beans or canned/cooked red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Bake potatoes in foil for 30 minutes. Take out of foil, then bake an extra 10 minutes at 220C/430F until golden brown and crisp. (Alternatively, microwave the potato until done).
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a pan and fry onion for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add beans, seasoning mix and water, and cook until water evaporates.
- Slice the potato three quarters of the way down into 4 and pile beans, salsa, corn and avocado on top.
- Serve with salsa and a lush green salad.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchDinnerMexicanGluten FreeSugar FreeLow Fat
Really yummy – not only for vegans