Marinated Mushroom Burgers
Marinated Mushroom Burgers and Eggplant Chips Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
- Large Portobello mushrooms are ideal or large button mushrooms.
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1tsp of fresh lemon juice per mushroom
- 1/2 tsp of dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1 tbsp of good olive oil per mushroom
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large eggplant cut into large wedges.
- 3-4 tbsp pf Egg replacer
- 1 Cup of breadcrumbs (Gluten free was used in photo)
1. Remove mushroom stems and place mushrooms in a bag then add the other ingredients. Gently massage and turn mushrooms inside the bag to cover them thoroughly in marinade. Ideally these should be marinated overnight, or at least about 3-4 hours.
2. Then fry in a saucepan and fry on both sides a couple of minutes (Press firmly whilst cooking to cook out and release the water from the mushroom).
3. This recipe works great as a burger but can also be served in a vegetable stack, with char grilled vegetables or even sliced into a salad. If you’re making burgers: top off with vegan cheese and place in bun with cos lettuce, tomato slices, vegan mayo, mustard, tomato relish or tomato sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / 355 F.
2. Mix egg replacer in a cup and transfer to a flat plate.
3. Place breadcrumbs into a flat plate and set aside. Prepare a baking tray with a spray of oil.
4. Cover the eggplant wedges in the egg plant replacer. Then transfer them in to the breadcrumbs and cover them completely in the crumbs. Place them into the prepared tray.
5. Once all the wedges are on the tray, place in the oven and cook for around 15 mins, or until golden.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!