Maple Hoisin Tofu
An easy yet really tasty and satisfying tofu recipe! Slices of extra firm tofu cooked down in a sweet & savoury maple-hoisin sauce with a bit of spice from the sriracha! Perfect enjoyed over a bowl of rice or noodles. Recipe by The Foodie Takes Flight.
- 450g extra firm tofuOil, for cooking
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup, adjust according to desired sweetness
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sriracha, adjust according to desired heat
- For serving
- Press tofu for at least 10 minutes to drain excess liquid. I like to do this by wrapping the tofu in a towel and placing a heavy flat surface on top. Afterwards, slice tofu into thick 1-inch strips or your shape of choice.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Feel free to adjust the measurements according to your desired taste. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Place some oil. Once hot, add in the sliced tofu. Fry the tofu until lightly brown on all sides. Pour in the sauce mix and then cook the tofu in the sauce over medium heat until it thickens.
- Once the tofu has absorbed some of the sauce, turn off the heat. Garnish the tofu with some spring onions and togarashi, if desired. Enjoy warm with some rice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!