Lentil and Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
This recipe is heartwarming, fulfilling, really nutritious, healthy, it tastes delicious, I love the mushrooms with the lentils.
Serves 3 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 40 mins
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 700g/24.7oz mixed mushrooms
- 500g/17.6oz cooked lentils
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos sauce
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh thyme leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by removing the skin of the sweet potatoes, wash them well and cut them into cubes.
- Boil the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are boiling, preheat the oven to 250ºC (482°F)
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into small pieces, chop the garlic cloves, then place the mushrooms and garlic onto an oven tray. Add the coconut aminos, salt, pepper and a teaspoon of ginger powder. Coat well and cook them in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them into halves, add a tablespoon of olive oil and roast them in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Once you have cooked the mushrooms and tomatoes, blend just the tomatoes into a food processor until you get a creamy texture, add thyme leaves.
- In the baking tray for the shepherd’s pie, mix the cooked lentils, the tomato sauce and the mushrooms. Even the surface.
- Once the sweet potatoes are steamed, blend them, add salt and pepper and add it to the top of the mushrooms/lentils mix. Even the surface of the sweet potatoes. You can make a pattern if you like.
- Cook in the oven for around 20 minutes at 200ºC (392°F). Serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hi everyone! I am Belinda! At the moment I live in Spain, I started the blog when I was living in London as a way to start a healthy vegan lifestyle, taking care of the foods that I eat and knowing whats in my plate. Eating this way has allowed me to have more energy, to be inspired for the food that I eat and to inspire others to eat healthy and enjoy the incredible foods that we have available to nourish our bodies and having fun cooking them. See all recipes by Belinda