Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake
This cake is no-bake, so you won't even need to turn on the oven to make it. It's also free from gluten and refined sugars making it suitable for those who have allergies, intolerances or are avoiding processed foods.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cashews
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 400ml can chilled coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ½ cups fresh raspberries additional raspberries for garnish
- For the crust, add the desiccated coconut, cashews and salt to your food processor and blitz for a couple of minutes until the ingredients form a crumb consistency.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and lemon juice and blend again until the mixture sticks together to form a dough.
- Line the base of an 8 x 8″ springform pan with parchment paper. Press the crust mixture into the base of the pan and smooth it out using a spatula.
- For the filling, add cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut oil and vanilla bean paste to your high speed blender and blitz for a few minutes until completely smooth and creamy.
- Scatter the raspberries on top of the crust and then pour the lemon filling into the pan on top of them. Gently tap the pan on your work surface to knock out any air bubbles.
- Transfer the cake to the freezer to set for a minimum of 6 hours (or overnight if preferred).
- Once set, remove the cake from the pan whilst still frozen.
- Cut into 16 small or 9 large portions, garnish with fresh raspberries and lemon zest and defrost for 30 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
There is a misconception that veganism is difficult or restrictive; I used to feel that way as well before I researched the lifestyle. My aim with the blog is to give people the tools they need to create delicious vegan food that they can share with their friends, work colleagues and family. See all recipes by Christina