Leek, Potato and Lentil soup
You can make this soup a little thicker or thinner by adding an extra potato or more stock water as desired. If you want to spice it up, add a sprinkle of chilli flakes for a bit of extra flavour.
- 1 large leek
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 litre water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable stock powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the leek in half lengthways and wash well to remove any dirt, cut into approximately 1cm slices.
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend until smooth, either in a blender, or in the pan with a hand held stick blender. If you want a slightly thinner soup you can add a little more water at this stage.
- Taste and add seasoning if required.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Close to two years ago I stumbled upon a documentary called Earthlings. Little did I know that my life was about to change in an instant and my journey to veganisim was born. See all recipes by Monique