Kiwi Citrus Bars
Delicious and zingy Kiwi Citrus Bars by the amazing Teri Ann Carty!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates
- 1/2 cup @rawcology chocolate granola
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked
- 3/4 coconut cream
- 1/2 cup lemon and lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 green kiwis
- Spray coconut oil into a standard sized loaf pan and place parchment paper inside. Place Almonds, medjool dates, coconut oil and sea salt into food processor and pulse till combined.
- Add in Rawcology granola and pulse till incorporated. Press mixture into a loaf pan and put in freezer while you prepare filling.
- Rinse cashews and place into a high speed blender. Add coconut cream, lemon and lime juice, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer 1/2 of the filling to a bowl and for the time being. Remove crust from freezer and pour 1/2 the creamy filling on top of crust. Place back in freezer.
- Place the remainder of the filling back into same blender and add grated ginger, spirulina, and 2 kiwis. Blend again until until smooth. Once the first creamy layer has firmed up, pour the last layer on top. Smooth out any edges.
- Place back in the freezer and let it rest for 10 minutes before you add sliced kiwis. Thinly slice remaining 2 kiwis and place on top of your cheesecake.
- Place back in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Once ready to serve, remove from freezer for 30 minutes to soften up.
- Lift cheesecake out of loaf tin and place on cutting board. With a hot sharp knife, cut into bars. Store remainder in freezer if there are any left!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!