Kale & White Beans with Polenta
Enjoy the simple yet refined flavours of this fresh summery meal.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 12 mins
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato halves, sliced
- Pinch of dried basil
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans (or use canned)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cornmeal (also called polenta)
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Basil, oregano, or other dried herbs (optional and to taste)
- Brown the garlic in a little olive oil, stock or soy/Tamari sauce.
- Then add the kale and cook until tender.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, cannellini beans and basil. Cook for a few more minutes then set aside to make the polenta.
- Bring the water to a simmer in a small pot over a medium heat, then add the polenta gradually and stir constantly.
- Reduce to low heat, then stir in other ingredients (herbs, salt and pepper to taste) until thickened. It may take 3-5 minutes for it to thicken.
- Remove from heat, then shape as desired and serve with the kale and white beans.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!