Hazelnut Caramel Bars
Hazelnuts. Caramel. Chocolate. Is there anything better than that?
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 10 medjool dates.
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar.
- 1/2 cup of water.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Handful of crushed hazelnuts
Almond Biscuit Layer:
- 2 cups/170g Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup/70g Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 cup/40g Pecans, plus additional for topping.
- 3 tbs coconut palm nectar
- 3 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 tbs Almond butter
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Biscuit layer: Line a loose bottom 8 inch rectangular cake tin. In a food processor blend add the pecan nuts, macadamia nuts and process.
- Place them into the bowl, add the almond flour, a tbsp of almond butter, 3 TBSP coconut palm nectar 2 tbsp of coconut oil and mix.
- Press into the cake tin until compact. Press into the edges. Place into the freezer.
- Caramel: Place all ingredients into a blender and blend. Pour onto the biscuit layer and level out. Place into the freezer for at least three hours.
- Remove from the cake tin.
- Slice into bars. Wipe the knife each time in boiling water to get a precise cut. Place back into the freezer.
- Chocolate: Mix the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the bars! Store in the freezer! Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Aimee Hastie has travelled from London and throughout Asia to explore different healing modalities. See all recipes by Aimee