Green Smoothie & Tahini Toast
Adding a handful of spinach or other leafy greens to your morning smoothie is a simple way to help you get your recommended daily intake of the essential vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that these greens are rich in.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 2 mins
- 1 cup fortified soy milk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup spinach (or other leafy greens)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- A couple of dates to sweeten
- 1 slice wholemeal bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- 1 Tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Place greens and other ingredients (peeled banana, chia seeds, soy milk and dates) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toast the bread and slice the tomato.
- When the bread is toasted, spread the tahini over the top and layer with sliced tomato.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!