Green Curry With Lemongrass
Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
- 2.5-3cm / 1″ of ginger
- 1 x fresh coriander bunch
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 1 x green capscicum
- 2 x tsp of Coriander seeds
- 1 x lemongrass stem
- 5 x Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 x tsp of Massel (vegan) chicken seasoning diluted in 1.5 cups of stock
- 1 x 400g / 14.1oz can of coconut milk
- 1 x 350g / 12.3oz of firm tofu.
- Broccoli, fresh shiitake mushrooms or your favourite vegetables
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tbs of lime juice
- 1 tbs of brown sugar
1. Blitz all the ‘green mix’ ingredients together until they are a soft puree. Add 1 tbs of oil to pan and fry green mix for 5-7 minutes, lower the heat and add stock and coconut milk. Simmer for 15-20 mins.
2. Then add your favourite vegetables to the sauce. I like to use broccoli and fresh shiitake mushrooms, other good alternatives are spinach, asparagus and cauliflower.
3. Add chopped tofu to the green mix and veggies and cook until heated through. Use the soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar to create a balance between the sweet, tangy and salty. Green chilli can also be added for a little bit more kick.
Serve over rice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!