Gluten-Free, Vegan, Never-Fail Banana Pancakes
The following makes one large pancake, so just double the mixture for two serves. Lucy's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1v8m90i
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour1/2 cup plant milk (e.g. soy, almond, coconut, rice, oat)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 small or 1/2 large ripe banana (about 100g peeled)
- a dash of vanilla essence
- a teaspoon of oil for cooking
1. Blend all the ingredients (except the oil) in a blender until smooth.
2. Heat a frypan over medium heat and add the oil.
3. Pour the batter into the pan to make one large pancake.
4. When bubbles appear all over the pancake, it’s time to flip. Cook for a few minutes or so on the other side then serve.
5. Top with whatever you like! I like to keep it simple with lemon juice and coconut sugar, but have been known to make warm date sauce. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!