Great recipe for chucking in all the left over veggies from the week! Anything goes with this fried rice!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice per person
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Vegan Seasoning (can use a gf seasoning)
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- Corn kernels cut off a large corn cob
- Green beans chopped into tiny pieces
- Leek, chopped very fine
- Marinated tempeh, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp miso dissolved in 1/3 cup boiling water (can use gf miso or gf veggie stock cube)
- 1 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, finely diced
Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft and starting to brown. Add the ginger and vegan seasoning (or Chinese five spice) and cook for a further minute.
Add the veggies and tempeh to the pan and stir fry for several minutes at high heat, so sizzling, (note if using raw tempeh, slice it into thin inch squares and fry first in pan with a dash of soy sauce). Once veggies soften a little add the rice and fry at high heat stirring often for a couple minutes. Then pour the gunpowder sauce over the mixture and cook for another minute.
Garnish the rice with chopped spring onions and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!