Fresh Pumpkin Scones
These hearty Vegan Pumpkin Scones by 365cleaneats are so easy to make and perfect for afternoon tea.
- 200g bakers flour or plain flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 60g refined coconut oil or vegan butter (chilled and cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 100g cooked and mashed butternut squash (scones will rise better if the squash is chilled)
1. Place every dry ingredient in a food processor and process until well combined.
2. Add the cold solid coconut oil and pulse until the mixture resembles sand.
3. Add milk mixture and pumpkin and pulse just until the mixture comes together in clumps.
4. Transfer dough to a lightly floured bench. Fold the dough 4-5 times and roll it out to about 1.5cm thickness. Cut out as many rounds as possible with a 6cm round cutter. Re-roll any offcuts to use up the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 200⁰C. Put the scones in the freezer for 15 minutes as it helps with the rising process.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until well risen and golden.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!