Flourless Double Chocolate Salted Caramel Brownies
These brownies have all the requisite qualities you look for: they’re fudgy, dense, sweet and rich. They also happen to be high in protein thanks to the good ol’ chickpea and almond butter, as well being as gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar free. It seems too good to be true, I know, but it’s true. Juliette's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1SgDufL
- 400g / 14oz can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup* roughly chopped loving earth salted caramel chocolate
- 1/4 cup* roughly chopped 90% dark chocolate
* Alternatively, you could use 1/2 cup of one type of chocolate, I just wanted to vary it.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas well.
3. In a high-powered blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chunks, until smooth and creamy. The batter is absolutely delicious at this point, so try and save some for baking!
4. Now gently fold in the salted caramel and dark chocolate pieces.
5. Pour the batter into an 8×8 baking dish lined with baking paper and smooth with a spatula.
6. Then pop the brownies in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
Leave the brownies to cool for 20 minutes, then slice into 16 pieces and tuck in.
Check out more of Juliette’s recipes at: luarandwolffdene.com
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!