Fig, Almond + Maple Granola
Homemade granola baking in the oven has to be one of the best and most comforting aromas in the world. Juliette's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1SgDufL
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/3 shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsbp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius and place some baking paper on a large baking tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (minus the dried figs) and mix well.
3. Then add in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and combine so everything is coated in coconutty, maple goodness.
4. Transfer the granola onto the baking tray and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Be sure to stir the granola after 10-15 minutes to ensure the granola is evenly toasted.
5. Once the granola is toasted, stir through the dried fig pieces. Allow the granola to cool completely before transferring into an air-tight jar. Enjoy!
For a perfect breakfast add fresh strawberries and soy yogurt. I also love sprinkling it generously atop banana ice cream, or simply popping some in a ziplock bag for a delicious on-the-go snack.
Check out more of Juliette’s recipes at: luarandwolffdene.com
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!