Fettuccine Carbonara! The dish every vegan misses.... We have come to fill the void with this deliciousness created by our blogger Emma Paige from Vegan Pop-Ups. Emma's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1OuP8W7
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp nuttelex (or vegan margarine of your choice)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups of vegan bacon, sliced
- 1 container of Tofutti Sour Supreme (or vegan sour cream of your choice)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 3/4 cup soy milk (or any other non dairy milk, except for Almond and Coconut)
- 1/4 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese (can also use bio cheese), grated
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 packet of wheat fettuccini, cooked
1. Heat half the oil and nuttelex in a fry pan until melted and hot. Add the vegan bacon and fry until crispy (can take up to 10 minutes). Set aside.
2. Using the other half of the oil and nuttelex, fry the onion and garlic until translucent – then add mushrooms and crispy vegan bacon.
3. Add soy milk, a little bit at a time until mixture becomes more saucy. Then add the mustard and Tofutti sour cream.
4. Cook for 15 minutes to allow flavours to develop. Then add the Daiya cheese and chives.
5. Add the pasta to the fry pan and mix. Serve immediately!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!