Fattoush – Middle Eastern Salad
A popular Middle Eastern salad made with simple ingredients, drizzled in a zesty dressing and served with pita chips as croutons.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 wholemeal pita bread
- 1/2 head romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 250g/8.8oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 4 radishes
- 1 spring onion
- handful fresh parsley
- handful fresh mint
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp iodised salt
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses (sub with date syrup, maple syrup or rice syrup)
- pepper to taste
- Make the dressing first. Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk or shake to combine well.
- Cut the pita bread into bite-size pieces then grill for a few minutes until crunchy.
- Chop/slice the salad ingredients and place in a bowl. Pour the dressing on top, add the pita chips and toss together until everything is well combined. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!