Easy Soybean Mash with Salad on Crispbread
This nutritious soybean mash is easy to make with only 6 ingredients. Serve on crispbread or as a sandwich with your chosen salad ingredients.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 150g/5.3oz cooked soybeans (1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 50g/1.8oz red onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard (add more if you prefer a stronger flavour)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 4 x crispbreads
- Use any salad ingredients of your choice (We used baby spinach, sliced tomato & sliced cucumber)
- Fresh chopped herb of choice (optional)
- Mash the cooked soybeans* in a bowl with a fork.
- Finely chop the onion, slice the tomato and cucumber.
- To the mashed soybeans, add the onion, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking.
- Assemble: Layer the salad ingredients on the crispbread** then top with soybean mash.
Notes: *Cook dry soybeans ahead of time in a pressure cooker. (1 cup dry soybeans yields about 2.5 cups cooked soybeans)
**You can also use wholemeal sliced bread instead of crispbread and turn it into a sandwich.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!