Easy Mushroom Risotto
This recipe is so perfect for someone who is wanting to try something new in the kitchen! It can also be a one pot recipe!
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 mushroom stock with 1 litre of water
- 400g of risotto rice.
- 500g of mushrooms.
- 1 lemon
- 1 bag of spinach
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Place them into a large non stick saucepan with a lot of salt and pepper. Let them sauté, until soft, for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil the kettle and pour 1 litre of boiling water into a measuring jug with the stock cube. Add the rice through the garlic, onion and stir for a minute or so, letting it soak up the flavours then add a little stock.
- Keep stirring the rice as it cooks, adding more stock gradually. Finely slice half the mushrooms, add them to a large frying pan with salt and olive oil (if using oil) and sauté.
- Ten minutes or so before the rice is cooked, add the sliced mushrooms. Then cut the other half of the mushrooms into big chunks (I normally half or quarter them) and sauté.
- Stir the lemon juice, spinach into the risotto once it’s cooked, adding more salt and pepper if needed, then top each bowl with the mushrooms from the frying pan.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Aimee Hastie has travelled from London and throughout Asia to explore different healing modalities. See all recipes by Aimee