Dry Aloo Matar
Dry aloo matar is a delicious vegan main course dish from India. Made with potatoes and green peas, this amazing dish gets ready within 30 minutes!
- 2 cups medium size potatoes
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp amchoor powder (dry mango powder)
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp mustard oil (any cooking oil is fine)
- Cube and boil potatoes until cooked through.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds start spluttering add in the ginger and garlic. Saute until they become fragrant.
- Add in chopped onion and cook till translucent.
- Once cooked, add the green peas, salt, spices and 1/4 cup of water. Allow the peas cook (approximately 4-5 minutes, or longer if using fresh).
- Once the peas cooked, add the boiled potatoes and mix everything until combined. Cover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- When ready, garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice and some hot Indian breads like roti, paratha, puri or dal.
Photo and recipe provided by www.greenbowl2soul.com/dry-aloo-matar
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!