Dino Date Bars
This recipe is great for getting the kids involved as they can almost make these themselves (obviously with supervision using a food processor). My son was so proud of himself for making these and positively excited to eat them the next morning. Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place the walnuts, pecans and sunflower seeds into a food processor and pulse until the nuts are roughly ground.
- Add the dates until the mixture comes together and you are able to form a ball. If the mix is not wet enough add more dates, one at a time.
- Add the coconut and chia seeds and process until just combined.
- Press the mix firmly into any type of plastic mould or alternatively just roll into balls. If putting the mixture into moulds, freeze overnight so that they come out of the moulds easily. Keep these in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
DessertSnacksKidsGluten FreeRawSugar Free