Curried Tofu Sandwich
One of the great things about tofu is that you can make it taste like anything you want, so get experimenting with your favourite spices!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 120g / 4.2oz medium firm tofu
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- A pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy milk
- 2 tsp of hummus
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- A few lettuce leaves, shredded
- Mash the tofu with the curry powder, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper.
- Fry the curried tofu in a pan until cooked. About 30 seconds before removing from the heat, add the soy milk and mix well. This will help the curried tofu stick together. (For a cut lunch at work, the curried tofu can be made the night before then the sandwich can be prepared in the morning ready to be taken to work)
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on the two slices of bread then add the tofu and lettuce on one of the slices. Place the other on top.
- Cut in half and wrap up for lunch!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!