Creamy Mushroom Pasta
An amazingly simple creamy sauce laced with spinach and sliced mushrooms.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2/3 cup wholemeal spiral pasta
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 cup fortified soy milk
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp plain wholemeal flour
- Boil water and cook the pasta as per packet instructions, while you make the rest of the dish.
- For the sauce, blend all the ingredients together. (A mini blender is ideal for this.) Set aside.
- Fry the mushrooms in a little water with the stock powder.
- When the mushrooms have softened add the spinach, then pour the sauce in and mix through.
- Bring to the boil and stir for a minute or so, then lower heat and simmer for another minute or two. Keep stirring to avoid sticking.
- When the pasta is ‘al dente’, drain and serve on a plate with the creamy mushroom sauce on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!