Creamy Coconut Soup
This delicious Creamy Coconut Soup by Woon Heng is the perfect winter dinner.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (13g) chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped ginger or 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp curry powder or curry paste (adjust to preference)
- 3 tsp sugar or maple syrup (adjust to preference)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or more for creamier version)
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 servings of cooked rice or noodles
Toppings & garnish suggestions (or of choice): Pan-fried tofu cubes seasoned with soy/tamari sauce & black pepper, crushed peanuts, chili oil (optional), lime wedges & shredded purple cabbage, carrot, zucchini
1. Heat a non-stick pot and add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Add in the onions and sauté until translucent, then add ginger, garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1-2 mins.
3. Add curry powder or paste, give it a quick stir. Then add vegetable broth, sugar, salt, black pepper and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
4. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for another minute or so. Taste test and season accordingly.
5. Stir in coconut milk and turn off the heat.
6. Ladle soup onto rice (or noodles) and serve with toppings and garnishes of your choice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!