Creamy Coconut Soup
This delicious Creamy Coconut Soup by Woon Heng is the perfect winter dinner.
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (13g) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons curry powder or curry paste (adjust to preference)
- 3 teaspoons sugar or maple syrup (adjust to preference)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or more for creamier version)
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 servings of cooked rice or noodles
Toppings & garnish suggestions (or of choice): Pan-fried tofu cubes seasoned with soy sauce & black pepper, crushed peanuts, chili oil (optional), lime wedges & shredded: purple cabbage, carrot, zucchini
1. Heat a non-stick pot & add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Add in the onions & sauté until translucent, then add ginger, garlic & cook until aromatic, about 1-2 mins.
3. Add curry powder or paste, give it a quick stir. Then add vegetable broth, sugar, salt, black pepper & bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
4. Lower the heat to medium & simmer for another minute or so. Taste test & season accordingly.
5. Stir in coconut milk & turn off the heat.
6. Ladle soup onto rice & serve with toppings & garnishes of your choice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!